<!-- --><!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(http://beta.blogger.com/css/navbar/classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/3279528766809408143?origin\x3dhttp://taeknooj.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Recovery.
Friday, October 23, 2009 11:15 PM

Temasek Titans Challenge is officially over.

Gamma came in 1st Runner-Up. Great job guys. I have to say we did really well; but there was a particular unidentifiable lack of teamwork that caused us to lose our first position. We were doing bad at first, but we perservered and here we are. It was a great experience that no other would be able to endure. It was a challenge. The most important aspect of this challenge is that we finished it. It doesnt matter who wins in the end. What matters is that we finished it; as a team.

We endured:
The long awaited 5 km run that we have waited for so long. Of which some may find it a piece of cake, but what I found a moderate challenge. The individual stations. Squat Thrusts, where we almost always ended up with paralysed thighs due to cramps. Sit ups, where we go all out like theres no tomorrow. Pull ups, collective refered to as 'a walk in the park' by Titans. And the unforgiving Suicide Run, a run to near death.
The Log Physicals. Half Squats, Shoulder Presses, Sit Ups and Chest Presses; hogging a 75 kg log and performing the earlier stated repetitions in quick succession in other to chalk up as many points as possible for the house, working as team. Nothing could stop us.
Finally the 7 km team run. Sandbags weighing 10 kg each strapped on our bags as we run. We had to run as a team; no gaps in between any member whatsoever, or there will be penalities. We did it. We are great. Gamma Titans are one of a kind. Good job once again.

Let's sum up my total injuries:
A wrecked toenail. The inner flesh or my right toenail was already filled with blood clots before the event. Tonight, the whole nail is purple in colour. Its numb. I can feel that the whole nail is going to detach from my toe sooner or later. Damn.
A severe tailbone abrasion; a inevitable result from doing situps with a 75 kg log on your upper torso.
2 abrasion wounds on my back. Cause by 2 metals studs that were sticking out of the sandbags during the run. It literally drilled 2 holes in my back.
Bad blisters on my hand. Caused from the persitent attempts of pull ups and muscle ups. Sweet.
Server Muscle Aches. I am partially immobilised. In fact, I cant even breathe properly; my chest muscles are cramped and propagate acute pain everytime i try to take a deep breath. Even standing straight is tough.

Today must have been the luckiest day of my life. She actually joined Titans to participate in the 7 km run to help the house. Nice. I was shocked when I saw her there. WIth me, in Titans. This is definitely fate. I mean, what are the chances? When I saw her, all my worries were gone: The pain in my whole body and my reluctance to run due to the pain in my toe. A beautiful experience, definitely. She was great. She endured the whole stretch of the 7 km run without complains. Beautiful. Thank the heavens for giving me this chance to see her.

Now that its over, I always like to wonder: Will the friends I make in this event still be kept in touch? Will they forget our aquaintances? I sure hope not. I always feel sad when something so exciting and appealing have to end. It's a kind of sadness that demoralises me greatly. I hate it. I leave the school, the sky was dark already, a totally gloomy feeling shrouded my heart.

Wow. Temasek Titans Challenge was one hell of an experience. I will treasure it, forever.

I will always be here; if you should need me.



King of Pop.


Vaudevillian Veteran





Beat it.

speak up.


network.

Beatrice
Kathy
Rachel
Wan Jing

CG19/09 Classblog

HIStory.

July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2013
August 2013
October 2013
December 2013
January 2014
December 2014
May 2017

this is it!.

© 2009.

listen, Love.