Chinese New Year 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
9:50 PM
I know. It was ages since I last posted.
I decided to write at least a post in order to keep this blog running. Lol. So many things have happened ever since.
Orientation X. OG 7 was the best of the best; no one would ever dare dream of having such a fun and united group to be with. And God gave one to me. This isnt a miracle, this is Fate. Love you all too much that I cant bear to let go. Being an Orientation Group Leader is simply being a role model for my juniors to follow and look up to. All that fun screaming cheers with you all. Fire Warriors...banned for good...lol...but always will be in our minds. Study hard my friends, JC is something not to be underestimated. Rock on, OG 7.
Road Run 2010. A great experience but at the same time disappointing too. They always gave trophys for the top 20 competitors in the 5.1 km race. And I always end up just at the brink; I got 23rd position this year. No trophy, only a certificate of participation. But to my delight, my team that I represented won 2nd place in the team event. Got a medal in the end. Not too bad. Most importantly, it was a rewarding experience. I learnt how to control my breathing while running, controlling my running pace as well as posture and technique, all with the same objective of increasing my energy efficiency. And of course, it worked. I managed to run without stop for the whole 5.1 km; something which I deemed impossible back then in secondary school. This gave me assurance that my 2.4 km run for NAPFA this year would definitely experience an improvement. Single digit timings are what im aiming for.
It's already the 2nd Day of the Chinese New Year. Not feeling very well. All those new year goodies; so enticing and nice to eat but at the same time damaging to the body in excess. My mouth is always dry, accompanied with a slight headache which really dampens the seasonal mood. That spicy cuttlefish is so damned good. I guess I have to run like mad in order to burn off all those excess calories.
Going to visit my primary school teacher tomorrow morning. Then head over to join my OGMs for an OG outing.
Missing those times in Primary school. My good friend and I would always dream of being Ninjas. I made my very first pair of nunchakus in Primary 5 and learnt how to wield it. My friend made Shurikens out of pen knife blades. We always shared our ideas and experiences on what Ninjas would normally do. We trained ourselves simply acrobatics such as hopping over railings and practising shimmying across ledges. Yeah, it was impossibly dangerous; we used to territorise a certain section of the top floor of our primary school as our Ninja Arsenal. There we took the special design of the structure to practise climbing and other gravity defying stunts. As for the shimmying, we simply climbed over the stair railing and started to shimmy across it. We were hanging nearly 3 m above the floor. One wrong move and we were dead for sure. It was definitely a heck of an experience for minor school kids like us just seeking for excitement in life. 100 percent better than playing with drugs and smoking your lungs dead.
Either way, life is sure tough in JC. May God help us all.